This course provides knowledge to those who may be designated to perform the duties and responsibilities of a Vessel Security Officer (VSO), in particular, the duties and responsibilities with respect to the security of a vessel. This certified VSO training course meets the training requirements as defined by 33CFR 104.215 and PartsB13.1 and B13.2 of the ISPS Code.
This course is approved by DET NORSKE VERITAS (U.S.A.), Inc. (DNV) on behalf of the United States Coast Guard National Maritime Center (NMC).
What’s Covered in the Vessel Security Officer Course?
- Maritime Security Policy
- Security Responsibilities
- Vessel Security Assessment
- Security Equipment
- Vessel Security Plan
- Threat Identification, Recognition, and Response
- Vessel Security Actions
- Emergency Preparedness, Drills, and Exercises
- Security Administration
- Security Training
Vessel Security Officer Training Program
Cost: Scheduled Course $975 Individual Training $1275
G.W.Connors is a DNV/MARAD approved instructor for numerous maritime security courses. Contact G.W.Connors at 781-961-9060 or by email at [email protected] with any questions or to register for VSO training.
Those who successfully complete this course will have demonstrated knowledge, understanding, and proficiency in the following competences:
- Regularly inspecting the vessel to ensure that security measures are maintained
- Ensuring maintenance and supervision of the implementation of the vessel security plan, and any amendments to the vessel security plan
- Ensuring the coordination and handling of cargo and vessel stores and bunkers in compliance with this part
- Propose modifications to the Vessel Security Plan to the Company Security Officer
- Ensuring that any problems identified during audits or inspections are reported to the Company Security Officer (CSO)
- Ensuring security awareness and vigilance on board the vessel
- Ensuring adequate security training for vessel personnel
- Ensuring the reporting and recording of all security incidents
- Ensuring that coordinated implementation of the VSP with the CSO and the relevant Facility Security Officer (FSO), when applicable
- Ensuring security equipment is properly operated, tested, calibrated, and maintained
- Ensure consistency between security requirements and the proper treatment of vessel personnel affected by those requirements
- Ensuring TWIC programs are in place and implemented appropriately
Contact G.W.Connors at 781-961-9060 or by email at [email protected] with any questions or to register for VSO training.